What if I'm a Same-Sex Couple?

Unus Deus Ministries, a Ministry of the Reformed Catholic Church International recognizes the Interfaith honors the uniqueness and sacredness of all faiths, and creates ways for each to seek out the spiritual meaning in their life, to the enrichment of all.

We reaches out to those who feel alienated from the established churches and religions because of differences in beliefs of canon law, divorce, lifestyle, etc.

And we provide the means whereby ANY individual, regardless of faith, or belief, can experience acceptance without fear of rejection. Christ Did not Judge those around him and neither shall we!

Therefore, as long as Same-Sex Marriage is legal, We WILL provide the Sacrament of Marriage to anyone who seeks in enter into that institution....

Please Note: Town Clerks may only issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples who currently live in Massachusetts or who pronounce their intention to relocate to the state before the Wedding! This is because of a 1913 law that bars couples from marrying in Massachusetts, if their union would not be recognized as legal in their state of residence!!

So How Do I go about getting Married?

1. You and your partner must apply for the marriage license together with the clerk in any community within Massachusetts. You must get married within 60 days of obtaining a license. Keep in mind that the license is only valid within the State of Massachusetts.

2. Pay the marriage application fee. Fees range from $4 to $15 depending the community in which you file.

3. As of 2005, Massachusetts no longer requires a medical exam or blood test for a marriage license.

4. Bring your birth certificates. You and your partner must be at least 18 years old.

5. After you file your application, wait the mandatory 3 days before picking up your license.

6. If you or your partner have ever been divorced, you must show your divorce certificate. There are no requirements for widows or widowers.

7. You do not need a witness at the ceremony, but make sure you observe you and your partners religious tenets.

8. If I perform your Ceremony, this does NOT apply, However in the unlikely event you should choose to go elsewhere, you need to Note: If you clergyperson is from outside of the State of Massachusetts, they must obtain a Certificate of Authorization from the Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth before the ceremony. You can get the certificate at the following address:

Division of Public Records
Secretary of the Commonwealth
One Ashburton Place, Room 1719
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 727-2836

BACKGROUND: Same-sex marriage in the state of Massachusetts began on May 17, 2004, as a result of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts ruling in Goodridge v. Department of Public Health. The High Court ruled that it was unconstitutional under the Massachusetts  Constitution, to allow only heterosexual couples to marry. Massachusetts became the 6th jurisdiction in the world (after the Netherlands, Belgium, Ontario, British Columbia, and Quebec) to legalize same-sex marriage. It was the 1st U.S. State to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Due to the ruling in Massachusetts v. United States Department of Health and Human Services, Massachusetts is the only state whose citizens, in a same-sex marriage, can receive federal benefits. Same-Sex Couples now have an unprecedented opportunity to marry in Massachusetts and receive all of the legal rights, protections and benefits associated with marriage.